A Value-Add Program Supporting Member Hospitals in Physician Engagement.
Hospital Associations and AMS are natural partners. Current Association clients find the AMS Gainsharing Program allows them to provide a service their members need and want. Hospitals seek cost reduction solutions and AMS PBIS® methodology aligns initiatives with medical staff goals.
The AMS Gainsharing Program benefits hospital participants and has been shown to result in:
- Shorter inpatient stays, when appropriate
- Fewer marginal but costly diagnostic tests
- Reducing pharmacy expense
- Efficient use of operating rooms and reduction in turnaround time
- Cost effective use of critical care and telemetry units
- Evidence-based selection and purchase of medical devices and hardware
- Avoiding duplicative services
- Reducing administrative overhead
- Improving discharge planning
The AMS Gainsharing Program provides Associations with multiple benefits as well:
- The Association has a singular offering that addresses a critical need of their members.
- Members enjoy the benefits of a gainsharing program that would be considerably more expensive to design and implement on their own.
- The Association has the opportunity to interact with hospital leadership and medical staff routinely, outside of its normal channels.
- The AMS Gainsharing program provides a revenue source beyond dues for hospital associations.